- Dry season: July – September
- Wet season: November – May
- Less rainy in December – February
- Best time to visit: June – September.
- Getting to Saadani
- The park is accessible by road or air.
By road: – 1. Dar es Salaam – Chalinze – village of Mandera (good tarmac road, 160 km. About 2-3 hours drive) then from Mandera village drive to Mvave Gate –Saadani National Park tourism office (rough road,65 km about 2 hours drive).2. From Tanga town via Pangani to Mkwaja Gate (earth road 120 km, about 3-5 hours drive).3. From Dar es Salaam drive north to Saadani via Bagamoyo
- Game drives
- Boat trips to wami river
- Guided walking
- Bird watching
- Sun bathing on the Saadani beach
- Visiting the Saadani fishing village which used to be a buzzing trading centre.